Like clockwork, this time of year, I get restless and bored. The excitement of the holidays are long past, and we've reached the depths of winter.
"Settle in," some say. And, I've said it, too. "Find your routine; we're in this for the long haul."
But, I can't settle. Can you?
Instead of settling in, I do things like day dream about discovering something new. Anything new. One year I was obsessed with finding a perfect surf camp... For adults.
Translation: Surf camp with cocktails. Another year it was finding the best boots (multiples) at the best sale price (a very successful undertaking).
This year, the delivery of our new couch prompted a whirlwind weekend of Ikea, Target, and craft stores. I finally finished furnishing our apartment- complete with DIY coffee table-turned-ottoman. Turns out, I am a beast with a staple gun.
The weekend made me realize that a successful DIY can lift you out of the winter blues and leave you shimmering for weeks. Okay, that was an extreme overstatement, but you get the idea. I felt great! I did this! It left me wanting to make. more. things.
New things! In /31yearNoShopping, this is gold.
So, I made a bracelet, too. Here's how:
- Leather cord from craft store
- Beads- these are from a pack I found at the craft store. A bead store would have awesome choices.
- E6000 glue from craft store
- Magnetic tube clasp- this is from an old bracelet, but you can find similar ones here
- Cut a few pieces of leather cord to fit your wrist- enough pieces to fill the clasp tube (for me, this was 3).
- String the beads on however you please
- Glue the leather inside the clasp tubes. This gets messy- have some Qtips on hand for easy clean up.
- Let dry overnight and...
Stay tuned to see this fancy thing in action. It's just inspired a date night outfit....