I've teamed up with Fab.com to share some easy upgrades for your summer cocktail needs... Needs, people!
I'm sharing curated picks for a stylish and functional bar, and my favorite summer cocktail recipe.
The best part? Fab is gifting one lucky reader with a $1,000 shopping spree!
ENTER TO WIN AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST
You can turn any open table top into a fun, inspired bar with a few thoughtful upgrades. This side table was once a desk, then a catch-all disaster zone, and is now entering its third life as a useful bar. Upgrade!
1. Miya blue and white Japanese ceramic bowls. This beautiful set of four bowls will brighten your bar, and are the perfect size for your lemon and lime stash.
2. Aqua Culture Vase pair by Kinto. A genius two part system, the upper plate supports herbs or bulbs, while in the lower vase your plants take root and grow. These freshies are a summer must for keeping muddling herbs on hand.
3. Speaking of muddling... The Rose & Fitzgerald Mugavu Wood Dipped Muddler is sturdy and special: Rose & Fitzgerald employs Ugandan artisans to create one-of-a-kind pieces for the modern home. I'm in love.
4. Welch Coasters by Etch Studio. Eye-catching and simple design, throw these babies out next to the highballs and mixers at your next get-together. Unique accessory or functional necessity? You decide.
5. Homemade Gin Kit. A fun addition to your spirit selection, that doubles as a cool conversation piece. Or, makes a great gift for your favorite gin-loving friend. (Who, me?)
A riff off the classic mojito. Okay, more like mixing and muddling whatever I want, and calling it a mojito. Here's the basic framework to work within, but please, break the rules as you see fit.
The sweet: Pinch of raw sugar
The sour: Juice from half a lemon, or juice from one lime
The fresh: 6 leaves of either mint or basil. Or, a mix of the two.
The poison: Real mojitos call for white rum. I'm partial to gin. Boring people will choose vodka.
Top with soda water. Or, try tonic or ginger beer, but leave out the sugar. Also, a drop of bitters is great with ginger beer. Basically, do what you want, have fun, this is not rocket science. This is summer cocktailing, upgraded.
Want to upgrade your everyday? Fab.com is an online shopping destination where people, tastemakers, and brands come together to explore, buy, and learn. Join in, you'll love it! Once lucky reader can win a $1,000 shopping spree to to Fab.com. To enter, fill out the entry form here! Contest ends July 15, 2016. Fab will reach out to the winner directly to issue a $1,000 site credit. Good Luck!
This post is sponsored by Fab, but the content and opinions expressed here are, as always, my own.